A Table for Eight

A Table for Eight

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kitchen window revelation.

Saturday morning I was washing dishes, prepping food for a big party and reflecting on what the day held.  I realized that my first born was stepping across the stage to receive a piece of paper that signified so much more than just finishing his classes in high school.  It was more than just making those all important grades to get into his college or walking the halls of his school.  It meant more than all the proms, girls, missed curfews, and cross county meets.

It was significant to me because the words that my mother spoke to me the day before my wedding rang in my ears.  "My job Stephanie was to train you to leave me".  Sean is leaving.  His first steps into the life that God has for him.  We trained him to love God, be self confident, love people, be thoughtful of others, pursue, finish well, respect others, have integrity in all that you do, open the door for the ladies, listen to his elders, give his seat to someone who needs it, have mercy on others, grace, the importance of family, and after you work hard, play hard and enjoy life and all the blessings that God gives. 

It was not easy.  Sean is a strong willed person who had to test it all.  The tantrums were amazing.  The fits in the car were deafening.  The testing was painful, but the fruit of it all walked across that stage on Saturday morning to receive his piece of paper to say he had done it.  We had done it.

The end of August he flies across the States to start a new adventure on his own.  With all he has had learned and grafted from us he will do well.  And believe me I will be at my kitchen window not only reflecting but praying for my son.  Praying daily for his safety, his daily walk with God, his relationships, his classes, and that he will continue to be a blessing to others, and that strong willed trait will be used for God's glory!

As my dear hubby reminded me as we drove to the graduation, hey we have 5 more graduations to go!!  I think I will just deal with one at a time.  That is all this emotional Mama can handle right now...until I was reminded I have twins!!  I have 14 years to prep for that one.

Congratulations Sean!  We so love you and are so excited for you and your travels ahead.   Cali here comes Sean!!

That all important piece of paper.

The graduate and all the sibs.

With his Aunt Amy

With his Grandpa James

His biggest fans and coaches.

The James Gang.

Brothers!

Time to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment