A Table for Eight

A Table for Eight

Monday, October 15, 2012

Hubby Heading to Haiti

haiti_353
Tent City

So excited for my Hubby.  He is heading to Haiti next week and I am praying for an incredible week of ministry.

He is going to be working with orphans and helping to build a school in a tent city similar to the one pictured above.

Hoping he will have the chance to use my blog to let us know how it going and to share what he is seeing and learning.

In the last few weeks I have been reading many blogs and material about Haiti.  It is the poorest country on the western hemisphere and it is shocking to know that an hour and half off the beautiful beaches of Florida (by plane) are many tent cities of 20,000 people living underneath tarps with raw sewage running through the walk ways.  It shocks me, it saddens me, but it also inspires me.  How could raw sewage, devastating earthquakes, and a country with a 47% illiteracy rate inspire me?

It inspires me to be thankful, resourceful, live more simply, love more freely,  give and serve without questioning, and to remember that my worst day is a dream to most in this world.

Love ya Hubby, and praying for a week full of beautiful God sightings!

Click the side button on my blog from Help One Now and read about a bunch of amazing bloggers who were in Haiti last week.



1 comment:

  1. To helping such a poor people is really good ,your hubby have really kind heart for them .The people who live in such Folding Tent to live in bad weather is quite difficult.

    ReplyDelete