A Table for Eight

A Table for Eight

Friday, December 2, 2011

That's My Family

Many years ago in MOPS(Mothers of Preschoolers) we had a speaker talk to us about taking pictures and the value of having pictures done of your family.  Having 4 babies in 6 years was busy, busy, busy so doing the family picture thing was a little too much for me.  But when I heard her speak I realized how important it could be.  Having your whole family portrait taken and having it displayed in your house built family identity and unity.  I wanted our kids to be proud of being a James and this was one way to build that in.

So it began.  My kids are good about it now but when they were little it was a little stressful.  This year it took us longer to get it done now that we are a family of 8 and have many very busy teenagers.  But we did it.  Thanks to a very talented photographer Amy G!!


The boys and I went to Costco the other day to pick up our Christmas cards and get some yummy food and Dawit was carrying a calendar we got free with our order that has our family picture on it.  As we were standing in line and I was emptying our cart he was naming everyone in our picture.  I was not really paying attention but was hearing him in the background.  When I turned to him he was showing a man in line behind us his whole family.  He named us all and the kind man said wow, that is your family.  Dawit looked at me so proudly and smiled. 

Yes Dawit and Israel this is your family!  Would not be the same without you two here!!

Here are few of my favorite pictures that will be proudly displayed in my house!  Cause I kinda like this crew!! :) 






2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, they are GREAT pictures!!! We do the annual family pictures, too. Eric and I were just talking yesterday about how happy we are that we have always done that so we can always look back and see what our family was like any given year - even years when the pictures don't turn out great, they still hold great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures look amazing and your costco story made me all teary. It is easy to take our families for granted sometimes because we most likely have always had them there. Israel and dawit just made me realize again how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family and have always had a wonderful family. And more importantly how lucky they are to have found their beautiful family! I hope the man at costco was also reminded :) have a great weekend!!
    ~erin

    ReplyDelete